Manchester Carers Centre are excited to announce that from Monday 17 August 2020 a new information and advice service is available for Carers in the City of Manchester. This is the start of a new chapter for Carers in Manchester!
Carers Manchester Contact Point will form part of the new Carers Pathway in Manchester, which is a partnership of statutory and voluntary organisations working together to improve services for Manchester’s 62,000 unpaid carers.
The service will replace our current Carers helpline which has been successfully delivered by Manchester Carers Centre for over 20 years. We will continue to provide vital support to Carers in Manchester and are proud to be part of this exciting new partnership with Carers Manchester Contact Point.
Carers Manchester Contact Point will be delivered by Gaddum working with Manchester Carers Forum, LMCP and Wai Yin.
Trained advice workers from all four organisations, will be able to answer queries or signpost you to the relevant service with just a phone call, email or click of the mouse. The team includes advice workers that are fluent in speaking Urdu and Chinese.
Carers Manchester Contact Point offers:
- Information and advice on any issue that affects your caring situation
- Benefits advice and support including advice on carers assessments
- A safe space to talk and discuss your caring role
- Access to a monthly newsletter and invites to regular events
- Free workshops on topics such as being a carer, nutrition and using online technology
- Signposting to appropriate community services
- Referral for ongoing support if required
Access to the service will be through:
- A dedicated ‘helpline’ 0161 543 8000 (Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm except bank holidays)
- A dedicated email address – email@example.com (we aim to respond within 48 hours)
- Dedicated website updated regularly (www.carersmanchester.org.uk)
- Facebook and Twitter pages
- Text messaging service