Manchester Carers Centre provide a range of services for 16- 25 year old Young Adult Carers. The project offers information and advice services alongside one to one mentoring with dedicated staff members for this age group.
One to one mentoring sessions are offered regularly to Young Adult Carers registered with the service. These one to one sessions with an experienced member of staff can offer support with:
- Mental health issues experienced by young people,
- ensuring your caring role is safe and manageable,
- identifying skills development or training opportunities,
- identifying paid or unpaid work experience,
- employability skills such as CV writing or interview skills,
- accessing grants and funding where available.
The one to one mentoring support is not limited to the subjects above and we encourage all Young Adult Carers to reach out for support and utilise the sessions with an area they would like to address or access direct support with.
Below is some of the direct feedback we have had from Young Adult Carers who have accessed the one to one mentoring sessions: